31 Mar Virtual Online Consults
These virtual online appointments are surprisingly simple. All you need is a mobile phone. We both dial in via a link I send you with your appointment reminder and we have a conversation. This is the usual conversation we have at the start of each appointment. Then I will assess your movement and where the pain is. I will ask you to move your body in particular directions to test for pain and stiffness. I can get a large amount of knowledge by looking at you.
Many of you know I am a ‘hands on’ physio, so I found this part challenging but have been pleasantly surprised at the results. In order to palpate (feel) the part I will ask you to touch the area that hurts and then other related areas. You can describe how they feel in your words. I will then instruct you how to treat yourself with a variety of techniques;
- Self massage (not always possible on yourself, but I can instruct others too)
- Mobilising exercises to relieve stiffness in joints, muscles, ligament
- Specific stretches for tendons, muscles and neural glides for nerve pain.
- I may give instructions to relax , lengthen, contract etc
- Gait reeducation (set up your phone or IPad on a shelf and walk)
- Education about your condition
- A home program using a digital exercise program tailor made for you.
I hope you enjoy telehealth. I am excited and optimistic it can work well for you!
For Information on How to connect see link below https://help.cliniko.com/en/articles/3843932-telehealth-a-guide-for-patients